An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the main causes of some illnesses such as stress or obesity. That is why it is important in reaching a balance between mind and body as well as a healthy diet that we include a weekly exercise schedule in our routine that will help us to create healthy habits.
How is a habit created?
Habits, both good and bad, do not appear spontaneously, they are learned when they are a part of your daily routine. They are automated because they always give the same result.
The experts say that if you exercise for 21 days, you will be creating a daily routine which, without realising, will have become a habit. Beginning any routine is always hard at the start. You will need a lot of willpower and consistency, but, in just a few days, you will see results.
Do you follow these healthy habits?
- Exercising at home every day at the same time means your body and mind will get used to that schedule.
- Increasing your carbohydrate and protein intake. Remove saturated fat from your diet by avoiding fried food.
- Drinking one or two litres of water or tea per day (10 to 12 glasses).
- Sleep eight hours a day ideally.
Make a weekly exercise schedule
Draw up a plan
The first step is setting out a training plan you want to keep to. In our case, we recommend a 30 minute daily workout that will be enough to leave bad habits behind. Set a time, if you do it every do at the same time you’ll end up doing it effortlessly. Don’t be overwhelmed if it’s hard at the start, you’ll reach your goals gradually. Perseverance and the desire to push yourself further every day will be your biggest weapons.
Before you begin the exercise schedule
When we do a home workout, it is necessary to do to warm up for at least 5 minutes. This warm-up loosens up your muscles and joints, preventing injuries. Exercises must be light and not include sharp movements.
- Neck rotations: from side to side as if you were shaking your head. Straight back, smooth movements.
- Knee rotations: Place your feet together and with your hands on your knees, roll them circularly, bend your knees slightly.
- Jumping lunges: Stand with your legs apart and your arms by your sides. Jump and lunge at the same time on the spot. Alternate legs.
- Arms: Link your fingers, raise your arms as high as you can, and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 15 times.
Weekly exercise schedule
|Superman 3 (Upper Body)
Weekly exercise schedule
- Monday: Shoulder (deltoids), biceps, and triceps activation
How to: Stand in front of a wall at a distance you can have your arms stretched out and your feet hip-width apart. Do push-ups against the wall with your arms without bending your back. Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions. If you want other types of exercises you can check out this article.
2. Tuesday: abs activation
How to: Lie on your back on the floor, knees bent, your feet flat on the floor, and your hands on the back of your neck. Lift your shoulders off the ground whilst raising your legs and bending your knees. Pedal slowly with your feet in the air. Do 2 sets of 20 repetitions.
3. Wednesday: glute activation
How to: Standing with your back straight, take one long step forward with one leg, lower your knee to the floor with your other leg behind you. Return to starting position. Alternate legs. Do 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
4. Thursday: leg exercises
How to: Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart. Lift your heels, hold in this position as long as possible. Slowly lower your feet onto the ground. Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions. If you want to strengthen your legs more try these tips.
5. Friday: upper body (arms, shoulders, back, and abs)
How to: Lie on your stomach, lift your chest with your arms stretched out in front of you. Stretch as far as you can and hold for 3 seconds. Return to starting position. Do 2 sets of 20 repetitions.
6. Saturday: full-body
- Basic skipping: Jump with your feet together on the spot.
- Knees up: In each jump raise your knees up to your chest as much as you can.
- Single-leg skipping: Jump and land on one leg. Alternate legs.
Do 2 sets of 15 repetitions.
7. Sunday: lower body legs and glutes
How to: On all fours on the floor, place your hands flat on the floor. Strongly push your leg towards the ceiling, lower without letting your knee touch the floor, raise again. Do 4 sets of 10 repetitions. After an intense workout you must rest for 30 to 60 minutes.
Tips for a healthy diet
To make sure your daily exercises are efficient you must follow a varied and balanced diet. It is necessary to learn to mix the different types of food to get the necessary nutrients and feel energised all day long. And…
- Eat everything: legumes, protein, cereals, dairy, vegetables, fruit…
- Avoid alcohol.
- Don’t skip any meals.
- Eat between 2 and 2 and a half hours before your weekly exercise workouts.
- Eat slowly and unhurriedly.
What are the benefits of daily exercise?
- It reduces the risk of falling ill.
- It helps to control your weight.
- It helps balance and mental wellbeing.
- It boosts energy.
- It brings deep and replenishing sleep.
- It boosts self-confidence.
We normally can’t get rid of bad habits, but we can replace them with other ones. Remember that the more active you keep your body and mind, the more healthy habits you’ll have and you’ll make your life better. Shall we get started?